Thursday, November 09, 2006

Data center editorial on the road continues

This week I'm reporting from the City by the Bay -- San Fran. Right now I'm sitting in the Web2.0 Summit. Marissa Mayer, Google's product management leader on search products [pictured below] is currently presenting on the engineering behind Gmail.
From ITPICS

I'll be hooking up some audio content from the conference for Alex Howard at WhatIs.com on this mega-trendy event. I wasn't actually invited -- I bogarted my press pass from Jeff Kelly at SearchCIO.com.

While there isn't much data center specific news, I am picking up some good information on blogging and other social media. I met an engineer from Intel that is attending the event to learn more about blogging. Intel plans to use blogs to extend support to software developers.

I also stopped by to talk to Amazon.com. The company is here to promote its new Web services offering, something competitive to Sun Grid. Check out a recent BusinessWeek article on Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos.

Later today I'll be meeting with eBay to talk about how that company is dealing with power issues in its data center. Tomorrow, I'll be stopping by the offices of PG&E to learn more about how they're dealing with the problem. Look for those stories early next week.

Also, our news director Alex Barrett has been at VMworld all week. Check out SearchServerVirtualization's special report on the event.

1 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Matt. Now where's my audio content? ;) How did PG&E work out?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home